a blog for wizards and muggles who need a Pensieve for Potter

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Playground Games

So I was recently inspired to write a blog about the kinds of games my friends and I would play.

So, I remember from around Gr.1 -Gr.2 we'd just invent little games, like "princess" or "fashion show" and sometimes we'd kick around a ball.
Then I remember being fondly attracted to jump rope. We'd do all these rhymes and songs that my friends and I would sing.
  I also remember in grade 4, there was this bar where my friends would just sit on and we'd talk,do flips, ad watch other people play soccer.
  There was this other game called " Grounders" which you played on the playground. The IT person had to walk around the playground trying to tag people with his/her eyes closed( eyes are open on the ground). Also, IT person could call "GROUNDERS!" and if someone was on the ground, he/she would be it( but only if IT person is NOT on the ground). Another thing was "sliders" and "bridgers" and IT person could call out those, and if someone was on the slide or the bridge(we had a bridge on my playground) that person would be it. But our school had to ban the game, because one time, IT person fell off the playground and hurt herself VERY badly.
   Then around grade 5, playing* on the playground wasn't that "cool" anymore so we'd just sit on the grass, or walk around the field talking, and just hanging out. To think about it, that pretty much what we do now. :)
That's all for today blog!

Books read so far
this year : 20
Emails received so far this year: 58
( excluding social network updates)

* actually, playing on the playground wasn't that cool, unless you were like hanging out, or swinging on the swings. What I'm trying to say is that around when I was 10, most people didn't play ( by that I mean games like "Tag") games that much.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I was really little, and the kinds of games I'd play...

    ReplyDelete